Are you looking for a meal choice that is both quick and satisfying? You need look no further than this wonderful recipe for Chicken and Gravy. You can prepare a tasty, creamy dish that will have your taste buds hankering for more in just 20 minutes. The outcome is a supper that is not only simple to prepare but also very soothing. Perfectly grilled chicken breasts are covered in a rich and velvety gravy.
Why choose for this straightforward chicken and gravy recipe?
These chicken breasts with gravy coating provide the ideal comfort food experience with the mild spice of garlic, onion, and pepper coupled with a velvety and buttery sauce.
Effortless Setup and Disposal
There are no difficult procedures needed for this recipe, and a knife is not even necessary! Additionally, since the entire dish is cooked in a single skillet, cleanup is made simple. This recipe’s simplicity benefits both your taste senses and your kitchen.
A Quick Alternative for Busy Days
This skillet chicken and gravy masterpiece can be made in less than 20 minutes, as opposed to classic smothered chicken dishes, which can take upwards of an hour to prepare. This dish will save you time without sacrificing flavor, whether you need a quick dinner or it’s a hectic weeknight.
In addition to the chicken, the recipe also requires pantry essentials like flour, butter, oil, and seasonings, all of which you most likely already have on hand. This inexpensive meal choice doesn’t need extensive preparation but it brings wonderful elegance to your table.
This dish’s flavor profile is simply amazing. Perfectly cooked chicken produces bits that are soft and succulent. The pan drippings are used to create a thick, creamy, and delicious chicken gravy that is brimming with chicken flavor. The outcome is pure comfort food that the whole family will love, even the tiny ones!
1.5 lbs. of skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- One teaspoon each of granulated garlic and onion powder
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or avocado oil – 1 teaspoon of black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon of salt
To make the gravy:
1 cup of chicken stock or broth, 2 teaspoons of butter, 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, salt, and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
How to Make Gravy and Chicken
- Season and sear: To start, season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. In a big skillet, heat olive oil or avocado oil over medium-high heat. To get a golden-brown crust, sear the chicken for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Cook the Chicken: Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the chicken for an additional 7 to 9 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Put the chicken on a platter once it is done cooking and cover it to keep it warm.
- Prepare the roux by mixing the butter with the remaining oil and drippings in the same skillet. To add flavor, scrape up any browned chicken pieces. To make a roux, whisk in the flour and allow it to get fragrant and golden brown.
- Make the gravy: While mixing the roux and stock together, slowly pour in the chicken stock. Simmer the mixture for 3 to 5 minutes, or until it thickens. Add salt and pepper to taste when preparing the gravy.
- Combine and Serve: Add the chicken back to the skillet and cover with the thick gravy. Serve right away and enjoy the warming tastes.
Tips for Making the Best Chicken and Gravy
- Make Sure the Skillet is Hot: For the ideal sear, make sure the skillet is hot enough before adding the chicken.
- Constant Whisking: To avoid burning or sticking, whisk continuously as you make the roux and gravy.
- Restore Thicken Gravy: If the gravy thickens after cooling, add a little extra broth, gently reheat, and mix to bring back the desired consistency.
Ideas for personalization and serving
- Add Extra Flavor: The dish can be improved by adding sautéed onions or mushrooms to the gravy. After removing the chicken, sauté them in the skillet.
- Gluten-Free Alternative: To make the recipe gluten-free, replace the flour with cornstarch. A silky cornstarch-thickened gravy can be made by making a small adjustment to the technique.
Monitoring and Warming Up Leftovers
For up to five days, keep any leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container. On the stovetop, reheat the dish over medium-low heat while stirring regularly to avoid scorching. Add a packet of chicken gravy and more chicken broth to the skillet if you need extra gravy.
Freezing for Later Pleasures
This dish is suitable for freezing. Transfer the dish to an airtight container and freeze it for up to three months after it has totally cooled. Before reheating, let the chicken thaw overnight in the fridge.
Explore More Chicken Creations
Here are some suggestions to take into account if you’re looking for more delicious chicken recipes: Chicken Fried Steak, Chicken and Dumplings, Ranch Ritz Chicken, Garlic Parmesan Chicken, and Salsa Chicken are all dishes that may be prepared in a slow cooker.
Improve your dinner game with this simple, delicious dish for chicken and gravy. A creamy, rich dish that adds coziness and enjoyment to your meal may be made in about 20 minutes. This dish can be prepared in just one skillet and is a testament to the power of basic ingredients and skillfully used cooking methods.
Q1: What is the main appeal of the One-Skillet Chicken with Gravy recipe?
A: The recipe offers a quick and comforting meal option that combines perfectly grilled chicken breasts with a rich and velvety gravy.
Q2: What flavors are incorporated in the chicken and gravy recipe?
A: The recipe features mild spices like garlic, onion, and pepper, along with a creamy and buttery sauce in the gravy.
Q3: How does this recipe simplify the cooking process?
A: The recipe is easy to prepare without any complex procedures, and it’s cooked in a single skillet, making cleanup hassle-free.
Q4: How does this dish save time for busy individuals?
A: Unlike traditional smothered chicken dishes that take longer to cook, this recipe can be prepared in under 20 minutes, making it a quick option for busy days.
Q5: What cost-effective aspect does this recipe offer?
A: The recipe utilizes pantry staples like flour, butter, oil, and seasonings, which are typically already available, making it an affordable yet elegant meal choice.
Q6: What is the key feature of the chicken in the recipe?
A: The chicken breasts are perfectly cooked to be soft and succulent, and the pan drippings are used to create a flavorful and creamy chicken gravy.
Q7: How is the gravy made in the recipe?
A: The gravy is made by preparing a roux using butter, oil, and drippings, then gradually adding chicken stock and simmering until it thickens.
Q8: How can the dish be customized for additional flavor?
A: Sautéed onions or mushrooms can be added to the gravy for extra flavor. These can be sautéed in the skillet after removing the chicken.
Q9: What should be done if the gravy thickens after cooling?
A:To restore the desired consistency, gently reheat the gravy over medium-low heat and add a bit of extra broth if needed.
Q10: Can leftovers of the dish be frozen for later consumption?
A: Yes, leftovers can be frozen in an airtight container for up to three months. Thaw the chicken overnight in the fridge before reheating.